Thursday, January 29, 2015

Plaid and (Faux) Fur

One thing I love about the blogging community is getting inspired by the everyday, "normal" girl.  Maybe it's just me, but I find that so many fashion bloggers these days wear over the top outfits just for the sake of photographing it on their blog.  The looks are beautiful, don't get me wrong, but they just don't seem like something the average girl could wear (or afford! cause they're expensive!) So while browsing blogs the other day, I came across McKenna's blog, Style Waltz, and was inspired by her adorable plaid top.  I loved her entire look (that purple cardigan, the over the knee boots!), but I only had a plaid shirt in my closet.  So below is my version of her "casual plaid" ensemble.


Jeans: Forever 21
Wedges: Calvin Klein
Plaid shirt: c/o Crossroads
Faux faux vest: a gift from the boyfriend (I think the shop is Ho Chi in Citrus Heights?) If anyone is curious, I can find out the shop name :)
Tan purse: vintage shop in Midtown Sacramento




I wore this outfit for a casual day of shopping.  Sigh. It seems like all I do lately is shop, which is ironic because I'm unemployed and have negative funds in my account (*getting there). Here's to hoping for getting a job soon!!!

On a more positive note, I really liked this casual look, and I love plaid! Plaid is so chic, comfy and goes with everything! I also loved adding this vest to the shirt - it made it a bit more winter appropriate.  Also lately, I've been getting into dark skinny jeans, and I feel like they go with everything.  I find it hard to find skinny jeans that flatter my figure (I'm already skinny!! But I don't want to look toooo skinny, if you know what I mean...) but these ones are pretty good! If you know of good ones, do let me know! Thanks!! :)

Lastly,  I'm glad that I got into blogging because it really does inspire me to try new looks and put more of an effort into what I wear on a daily basis... Even if I'm just shopping or walking around town. Still nice to look somewhat decent!

Thanks for visiting! Hope you're having a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Lisa,

    I Read Your Article and You look Amazing and So beautiful on this outfit. Thanks for writing and inspiring me. Have a Great Day!

    Regards,
    Swapnil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Swapnil,

      Thank you so much for your sweet comment - it made my day! Thank for visiting and hope you have a super day as well! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete