Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Taste of ColourPop

Lately, I've been watching a lot of YouTube beauty videos, and it seems like many YouTube beauty gurus keep raving about the ColourPop line.  I decided to go on the website a few weeks back, and picked up some eye shadows and lipsticks.  Since each eye shadow is only $5, I decided to buy a few (I ended up choosing 5 shades, some recommended by some well known beauty gurus, and some I picked based on the swatches).

I received the package of eye shadows and lipsticks last week, and couldn't wait to try them out.  The packing was super adorable, and the colors looked incredible.  What stood out the most to me was the formula.  They are so creamy and feel like butter on the fingers!  The colors are so beautiful, and super pigmented.  I tried a few of the colors on without a primer, and I also applied them with my fingers.  They are great for a pop of color on the lids, and work super well with powder shadows as well.  I highly recommend them, and can't wait to play around with them more!


Swatches (excuse my arm!) 


Such adorable packaging!


At my brother and sister's apartment above


With the copper shade on the lids and gold shade on the lower lash line


The pictures do not do the shadows justice!


Shopping at Crossroads.  Outfit details: Gray booties from Toms, dress from Marshall's, sweater found at Crossroads, purse from a vintage store in Midtown Sacramento, and faux fur infinity scarf from Target.


I wore this look out for a day of shopping with my two sisters.  It was a chilly day so I decided to wear layers.  I'm proud of this look because I used pieces from my closet that I had not worn in a long time.  I threw on a printed long sleeved dress, and added a quirky yellow and navy blue sweater.  I paired the look with some gray booties, a tan and gold purse, and one of my favorite faux fur scarves.  I really like how all of the different prints look together.  


No comments:

Post a Comment