Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Little Black Skirt






Outfit Details

Black sailor skirt - Express (here)
Sweater - Mink Pink
Denim jacket - Paris Blues
Brown booties - from Crossroads Trading Co.
Black tights - Target
Tan bow purse - from boutique in Sacramento
Heart necklace - Freestyle 

Like the little black dress, every girl needs a little black skirt in her closet. I purchased mine from Express recently, and wore it out to karaoke for Kasey's birthday. Since the skirt is a bit high waisted, I paired it with a short sweater, threw on some tights, and added my favorite brown booties. I also added one of my favorite accessories, a vintage heart necklace, and a denim jacket to complete the ensemble. 

Also like the LBD, the LBS is very versatile! To me, it's an essential item for fall and winter, and I am excited to work it into many outfit ideas in the upcoming months. It is the perfect length and can be worn to work, to a party, or worn with a simple gray t-shirt for a casual look. I don't usually shop at the mall very often, but I just couldn't resist this skirt. I have a feeling I'm going to be getting a ton of use from this piece, so to me, it is worth the heftier price tag.

Do you shop at the mall often? What are some of your favorite stores? 

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you're enjoying the colder months!


No comments:

Post a Comment